Samaritan Health Services
with project support of The Arts Center
Through a Veteran’s Lens
Call to Artists
EXTENDED Deadline for Submissions: May 31, 2022
Exhibition Dates: September 30-November 12, 2022
All military veterans living in Benton, Linn or Lincoln County are invited to submit up to four (4) photos for display in the Through a Veteran’s Lens photo exhibit. This exhibit will feature photos taken by those in our region who have served in the U.S. Armed Forces. This collaborative project between Samaritan Health Services and The Arts Center serves as a backdrop to The Arts Center’s Year of Embracing Brave and Art for the Heart Gala Fundraiser.
We are soliciting photographs that reflect the personal experiences and perspectives of veterans. Submit photos that you believe best represent your personal experience of serving your country in the Military. Photos may have been taken before, during or after the time of active service.
We encourage a diverse selection of veteran artists to participate, including those from historically excluded communities including (but not limited to): veteran artists from rural communities, veteran artists from communities of color, LGBTQ+, who are self-taught, and those new to creating artwork. We welcome veteran artists regardless of citizenship status, familial status, race, gender identity or expression, religious observance, sex, sexual orientation, and sources or level of income.
EXTENDED DEADLINE: May 31, 2022.
SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS & PROCESS:
- Submit up to four high-quality digital files of photos (jpeg, 300 dpi resolution) to ArtsCare@samhealth.org.
- Complete a submission form for each photo you are submitting.
- All images submitted will be part of the exhibition. One to four of your photos will be selected for display. Your photos will be professionally mounted for the exhibit and include a placard with your name, rank, and photo title. When the show is over, the mounted versions of your photos will be given to you.
- Twenty artists and their photographs will be selected and featured in large format versions for the quality/composition of their image and/or the story about their image.
- The selection team includes: ArtsCare Coordinator Sara Krainik, Veterans Outreach Coordinator Kyle Hatch, a local veteran and professional photographer TBD, and The Arts Center Curator Hester Coucke.
- (NOTE: The Arts Center is a space for people of all ages to connect with creativity and has regular family-oriented events.)
DATES OF EXHIBITION: September 30 – November 13, 2022, The Art Center’s Main Gallery (700 SW Madison Ave, Corvallis).
Questions about the show or help submitting your photography? Contact Sara Krainik, Samaritan ArtsCare Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-768-6762.
Thank you to Samaritan Health Services for exhibition and Art for the Heart sponsorship!