Ongoing Youth Poetry Month Celebration
Exhibition: March 29-June 4, 2022
The 22nd Annual Youth Poetry Celebration is on exhibit is filling the walls in the Corrine Woodman Gallery II at The Arts Center.
Young poets living in Linn and Benton Counties, grades K-12, or ages 3-19, are invited to participate by submitting poetry and artwork until the walls of the gallery are filled.
Many thanks to supporters of The Literary Arts Fund of The Arts Center who generously support this exhibit.
Exhibition Dates: March 29 – June 4, 2022
Who: Youth from Preschool through High School living in Linn and Benton Counties
Where: The Arts Center Corrine Woodman Gallery II, 700 SW Madison Avenue, Central Park, Corvallis.
All poems submitted will be exhibited in the Corinne Woodman Gallery II at The Arts Center from March 29 – June 4. Poems are divided in four (4) categories:
- Kindergarten-Grade 2
- Grade 3-Grade 5
- Grade 6-Grade 8
- Grade 9 – Grade 12
An Open Mic Readings will be scheduled later in the show dates.
- Poems can be handwritten or printed.
- Paper size may not exceed 8.5 x 11 inches, but smaller or free-form is fine.
- We encourage submission of poems illustrated with original art (NOT clip art). The art and the poem need to be on the same piece of paper. If the art is on a separate piece of paper we may only hang the poem depending on space availability.
- Please do not frame poems and artwork.
- On the back of each poem please write the following info. (Readability is important!):
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
- Grade or Age
- Title of the Poem
- Registration is required. Pick up the form and instructions at The Arts Center or Download and Fill in this Form.
Each participant will receive a participation certificate and cash bonus.
While we encourage inclusion of art with poetry submissions, it is not required, and has no influence on the poetry awards.
For more information contact Hester Coucke, firstname.lastname@example.org.