Around Oregon Annual 2022
Call to Artists
Application Deadline: May 1, 2022
Photo: Anthony Gordon’s Exhaltation 1
The 20th Around Oregon Annual exhibit, honoring the quality and diversity in creative expression being produced throughout Oregon, is open to artists living or working in all parts of the State. The Around Oregon Annual exhibition also recognizes and encourages excellence by awarding cash prizes, thoughtfully selected from the actual work. Our goal is to share the voices of all artists together: from the young and upcoming, as well as mid-career and established artists.
Juror: Mario Mesquita, Manager of Advocacy and Engagement of the Regional Arts and Culture Council (RACC). Bilingual, bicultural and mission driven, Mario has a special interest in shaping and delivering positive cultural shifts throughout the arts. He is an arts educator, artist and social justice supporter. He served as a panel member on the Americans for the Arts conference (2018), on the California Arts Council grant panel and worked with the city of Santa Monica as an invited artist.
We encourage a diverse selection of artists to apply, including artists from historically excluded communities including (but not limited to): artists from rural communities, emerging artists, artists from communities of color, LGBTQ+, artists who are self-taught, and artists new to creating artwork. We welcome artists regardless of citizenship status, familial status, race, gender identity or expression, religious observance, sex, sexual orientation, and sources or level of income.
Method of entry: Use the Entry Form Below to upload images and information. Virtual/Digital submissions may be submitted by providing a link, sending a USB-stick or CD to Curator Hester Coucke.
If you need accommodations to support your submission, please contact Hester@theartscenter.net.
Notifications will be made by May 31, 2022
- The exhibit is open to all artists living or working in Oregon; the work does not need to have “Oregon” as its subject matter.
- All work must be recent and completed during 2019 – 2022.
- Accepted Media: Digital/video, animation & poetry, 2- and 3-dimensional, excluding music and performance, will be considered.
- Work previously exhibited at The Arts Center will not be accepted or presented to the juror.
Terms and Parameters:
- Selection Process: All submitted artworks are compiled without names or descriptions. The Guest Juror uses submitted images exclusively to determine artworks to be exhibited. Additional requested information is needed for marketing purposes and to enhance visitor engagement, learning opportunities and enjoyment of the exhibition in support of our mission.
- Selected work cannot be replaced by other work that is not chosen or seen by the juror. Artwork must be available for the duration of the exhibit.
- Artists are responsible for delivery/transportation to and from The Arts Center. Some short term storage is available, please contact the Curator; her contact is below.
- Artists are required to identify their work by Artist name, Title, Email and Phone at the backside of the artwork.
- The sum-total of the height and width of the framed work cannot be bigger than 96”.
- Two-dimensional art should have a wire or a hanger, ready to hang it on the wall; three-dimensional art should be stable and safe. (we discourage the use of saw tooth hangers). Without a wire or hanger, staff can choose not to include the piece.
- We accept unconventional hanging methods with clips, magnets etc. The artist must supply special hanging supplies and give clear instructions. We advise you to protect fragile surfaces by glass or Plexiglas. The Arts Center cannot accept responsibility for unprotected fragile surfaces.
- Artwork must be for sale, The Arts Center and artist share a 50% commission each on all sales.
- The Arts Center will not be responsible for loss or damage to artworks left at TAC after Aug 17, 2022. Work left after August 29, 2022 will be considered a donation, unless other arrangements are made.
- Insurance will be provided during the exhibition. All work will be reimbursed for the full commission of the sales price declared on the provided consignment form. The consignment form must be completed for insurance value to be effective.
- We select work to be reproduced on an outdoor banner on the front of our building; the banner becomes TAC property, including future uses. (sales, tote bags, wallets etc.) If you do not want your work to be reproduced this way, please indicate in submission.
The completion of the submission form with digital images to this competition constitutes an agreement to all conditions set forth in the call-to-artists, including permission for reproduction on our postcard, banner and website www.theartscenter.net, general publicity in newspapers and magazines for promotional purposes.
|Dates to Remember|
|Sunday, May 1, 2022||Entries due|
|May 31, 2022||Selected Artists Notified|
|Monday, June 27, 2022||Artwork due on or prior to|
|Monday, June 17, 9:30 am-5:00 pm||Delivery intake times|
|July 9 – August 13, 2022||Exhibition dates|
|Thursday, July 21, 5:30-7:30 pm||Reception|
|Thursday, July 21, 4:00-7:30 pm||Corvallis Art Walk|
|Thursday, July 7, 12:00-1:00 pm||Art for Lunch|
|August 12 & 13, extended hours and virtual||Arts Alive!- Festival|
|Monday, August 25, 9:30 am- pm||Artists pick up work|