Deadline April 17, 2020
Around Oregon Annual at The Arts Center: July 16 – August 26, 2020
The Around Oregon Annual exhibit is open to artists living in all parts of our state. This exhibition recognizes the quality and diversity in the creative expression of artists throughout Oregon. Our intent is to show young and upcoming, as well as mature and established artists together. The Around Oregon Annual also recognizes and encourages excellence by awarding cash prizes, thoughtfully selected from the actual work.
Jane Brumfield serves as the 2020 AOA juror. She is the co-owner of Imprint Gallery in Cannon Beach, opened in 2017. Jane & Mike Brumfield have operated galleries in Boise, Idaho and Hastings, England, before settling on the Oregon Coast. Prior to Imprint Gallery, Jane had a 20-year career curating for small regional museums in the South of England.
Method of entry:
Please do not use any other formatting software.
An artist statement is optional, max 100 words.
Video or animation can be submitted by providing links to online media.
- The exhibit is open to all artists living or working in Oregon; the work does not need to have “Oregon” as its subject matter.
- All work must have been completed in the last two years.
- All media, except music and performance, will be considered.
- Work previously exhibited at The Arts Center will not be accepted or presented to the juror.
Terms and Parameters:
- Non-juried work cannot be substituted for accepted work. Artwork must be available for the duration of the exhibit.
- Artists are responsible for delivery/transportation to and from The Arts Center.
- Pieces must be ready to hang or install (we do not accept saw tooth hangers). If not, staff can choose not to include the piece. Pieces must be identified with a label on the back or bottom, either your own label or TAC label provided with notification. Label must have the artist name, the title of the work and email address or phone number.
- Fragile surfaces must be protected by glass or Plexiglas; for special display methods, the artist needs to supply materials and clear instructions.
- No size restrictions, but note that very large pieces are harder to place in a group exhibit.
Artwork must be for sale, The Arts Center will receive a 50% commission on all sales. The Arts Center will not be responsible for loss or damage to artwork left at TAC after August 27, 2020. (AOA pieces not picked up by that date will be considered donations to TAC.) Insurance will be provided during the exhibition. All work will be reimbursed for the full commission of the sales price declared on the provided consignment form. The consignment form must be completed for insurance value to be effective.
The submission of digital images to this competition constitutes an agreement to all conditions set forth in the call-to-artists, including permission for reproduction on our website www.theartscenter.net, general publicity in newspapers and magazines for promotional purposes. TAC will select work to be reproduced on an outside banner for the front of our building. The banner is TAC property, including future uses. (sales, tote bags, wallets etc.) If you do not want your work to be reproduced this way, please indicate in submission.
The Arts Center hosts a Pre-Owned Art Sale on August 29; intake for donations is August 28. It is important to pick up your work on the scheduled date August 27, or make early and explicit arrangements.
- Entries due Sunday, April 5, 2020
- Selected artists notified April 29, 2020
- Artwork due on or prior to Saturday, July 11, 2020
- Delivery intake times Saturday, June 11, 12:00-5:00 pm
- Weekdays 9:15 – 5:30 by appointment
- Exhibition dates: July 16 – August 26, 2020
- Reception Thursday, July 16, 5:30 – 7:30 pm (and Corvallis Arts Walk 4-8 pm)
- Lunch Box Art Talk July 23, Thursday, 12:00 noon-1:00 pm
- Arts Alive 2020! August 15, 1-7 pm
- Artwork pick up, August 27, Thursday, 12:00 noon – 5 pm