Deadline to Apply: March 24, 2019
Around Oregon Annual
June 20-August 9, 2019
The Around Oregon Annual exhibit shows the work of artists living in all parts of our state. This exhibition recognizes the quality and diversity in the creative expression of artists living here: young and upcoming, as well as mature and established artists together. The Around Oregon Annual also recognizes and encourages excellence by awarding cash prizes, thoughtfully selected from the actual work.
How to Apply:
Fill in this form: Link to Application >>
Please do not use any other formatting software.
Video or animation needs to be submitted through providing a link.
If you have any question, please contact email@example.com
Notifications will be made by April 22-29.
2019 Juror: Sandee McGee
Sandee McGee was born in San Francisco in 1971. She received her BA in Studio Art from Mills College where she was the recipient of the Ralph DuCasse Award for Excellence in Art. She received her MFA from the University of Oregon in 2010. McGee has exhibited across the US, including shows at In Sight Gallery in Vermont, Blue Sky Gallery in Portland, Oregon, 1650 Gallery, and The California Center for the Arts. Her work has been published in an exhibition catalog, which has been collected by the Brooklyn Museum Library and the Auckland Museum Library in New Zealand. In 2013, McGee received an Individual Artist grant from the Douglas County Cultural Coalition and has won the Ford Family Golden Spot Award for residencies at Playa and Djerassi Artist Residency Programs. Sandee McGee is the Gallery Director at the Umpqua Valley Arts Association.
- The exhibit is open to all artists living or working in Oregon; the work does not need to have “Oregon” as its subject matter.
- All work must have been completed in the last two years.
- All media, except music and performance, will be considered.
- Work previously exhibited at The Arts Center will not be accepted or presented to the juror.
Terms and Parameters:
- Non-juried work cannot be substituted for accepted work. Artwork must be available for the duration of the exhibit.
- Artists are responsible for delivery/transportation to and from The Arts Center.
- Pieces must be ready to hang or install (we do not accept saw tooth hangers). If not, staff can choose not to include the piece. Pieces must be identified with a label on the back or bottom, either your own label or TAC label provided with notification. The label must have the artist’s name, the title of the work and email address or phone number.
- Fragile surfaces must be protected by glass or Plexiglas; for special display methods, the artist needs to supply materials and clear instructions.
- No size restrictions, but note that very large pieces are harder to place in a group exhibit.
- Artwork must be for sale; The Arts Center will receive a 50% commission on all sales. The Arts Center will not be responsible for loss or damage to artworks left at TAC after Aug 10, 2019.
- Insurance will be provided during the exhibition. All work will be reimbursed for the full commission of the sales price declared on the provided consignment form. The consignment form must be completed for insurance value to be effective.
**Note: The submission of digital images to this competition constitutes an agreement to all conditions set forth in the call-to-artists, including permission for reproduction on our website www.theartscenter.net, general publicity in newspapers and magazines for promotional purposes.
|Entries due:||Sunday, March 24, 2019|
|Selected artists notified:||April 29, 2019|
|Artwork due on or prior to:||Saturday, June 15|
|Delivery intake times:||Saturday, June 15, noon-5:00 pm|
|Weekdays 9:15-5:30 by appointment|
|Exhibition dates:||June 20-August 9, 2019|
|Reception:||Thursday, June 20, 5:30-7:30 pm|
|Corvallis Art Walk:||Thursday, June 20, 4:00-8:00 pm|
|Lunch Box Art Talk:||Thursday, June 27, noon-1:00 pm|
|Artists pick up work:||Saturday, August 10, noon-5pm|
Images from 2018 Around Oregon Annual