The Arts Center Seeks New Exhibition Committee Members
Starting in December applications will be reviewed on the 1st Monday of every month until positions are filled.
As a member of this 14-person team, you will have the opportunity to help shape art and culture opportunities in Corvallis. Committee members select, install, and take down shows in the Main Gallery. Committee members learn about exhibition organization, art handling, sequencing and installation techniques.
The Arts Center Exhibition Committee strives to provide the greater Corvallis community with high quality, well-balanced programing representing a diversity of voices and artist mediums for the purpose of encouraging artistic expression and community learning. We encourage a cross-section of people representing our diverse communities to apply, including those from historically excluded communities, including (but not limited to): rural communities, communities of color, LGBTQ+, young adults, and those new to participation in the arts.
Total time commitment is between 2-6 hours a month.
- Six exhibitions are installed in the Main Gallery each year; approximately one every two months. Generally 2-4 volunteers are asked to support each show.
- Once a month the Exhibition Committee meets via Zoom to discuss upcoming exhibition needs. These meetings are 1-2 hours. All committee members are expected to attend; however, meeting minutes are available following the meeting.
- Once a year the Exhibition Committee meets in person to select exhibitions for the next calendar year. These meetings are longer, up to 5 hours. Snacks are provided! The next annual review meeting is scheduled for March 2023.
- When joining the Exhibition Committee, each member commits to participating for at least 1 year, although a 2-3 year commitment is ideal. To avoid conflicts of interest, eligibility of the committee members to exhibit at The Arts Center is limited to juried, open and invitational shows.
- As an organization embedding justice, equity, and transparency into every level of our organization, Exhibition Committee members share our commitment to this goal, and work together to shape a more just and equitable future for our organization as well as for the communities we serve.
Contact Jennie Castle, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions about the selection process.