8×8 Art Gallery @ Art for the Heart
Create for a good cause! Donate 8×8 artworks to support The Arts Center.
The Second Annual 8×8 Gallery is an invitation to all established, emerging, and youth artists from across the service region — All artists are encouraged to create and submit work.
Works of all media will be shown in the 8×8 Art Show in the Corrine Woodman Gallery, and be a part of our fall gala fundraiser Art for the Heart (October 10, 2020). Your donated artworks will be sold for at least $40, and all proceeds will support creative community arts programs.
Our goal is 150 artworks! To Participate, Sign up Below:
If possible, there will be an “8×8 Reception and Meet the Artist” dates TBA, when people will have the chance to purchase works at a premium price of $75 prior to the main gala.
About the Show:
- The size of the art must be as close to, but no bigger than 8 inches in all directions. Finished pieces must be no larger than 8”x 8” including the frame or 8”x 8”x 8” including supports and displays.
- Art needs to be original work.
- All art work must be display ready. Hanging pieces must include a wire or hanging mechanism securely installed by artist before delivery. Sculptures must have supports or stands included. Supports and stands will only be returned to artist if work is not purchased.
- Art does not need to comply with any specific theme and any medium is accepted as long as it fits the 8”x 8” format. Though smaller than 8” will be accepted, it is encouraged that art be as close to the 8” x 8” format as possible.
- Diptychs and triptychs are welcomed. (Limit 4 pieces donated per artist.)
- A limited number of 8×8 cradle boards are available for sale at The Arts Center for $5. Pre-purchase for pickup,then schedule pick up with ArtShop Manager Dawn Figueroa, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deliver finished artworks (ready to hang) to The Arts Center by September 8, 2020, 5 pm, to be included in the show and fundraiser. Please fill-out and attach this form to the back of your artwork.
- Artists websites will be shared as part of the Art for the Heart fundraiser. Art that does not sell can be donated or will be available for pick-up at The Arts Center’s Art Shop on Tuesday, October 13- Saturday, October 17. Art that is not collected during this time frame will be donated to The Arts Center and sold through the Art Shop as a 100% donation to The Arts Center.
FMI: Kimberly Long: email@example.com