The Mission of The Art Center’s Atelier Program
To foster a thriving community based around accomplished teaching artists who provide high quality visual arts training designed to develop student skills and artistic voice.
- Spark creative working relationships between teachers and students
- Nurture emerging artists through professional development workshops
- Provide community members with training in traditional representational art skills, conceptual art, and new media
- Encourage creativity, discipline, and excellence
- Offer leadership and volunteer opportunities for community members for a deeper engagement with the arts
During Spring and Summer we will offer weekend workshops so that the community can engage and experience the Atelier culture and provide us with feedback to help us determine future workshops and multi-week classes.
All students at all levels are invited to participate in these classes. By Fall we plan to add classes at higher skill levels for students to pursue at their own pace to deepen their study of art. (Workshops and classes do not have to be taken sequentially and may be repeated).
FMI: Anne Brett
Current offerings are as follows: