February 26 – April 18, 2019
The Annual Jim and Ruth Howland Community OPEN is our most popular exhibit and for good reason. Everyone is invited to participate!
Unlike other curated shows at The Arts Center, the Howland Community OPEN Exhibition invites ALL people living in Linn or Benton Counties to show their art. Professionals exhibit alongside youth and the gallery walls are filled with the creativity of over 200 artists.
Art making is a valuable means of expression for beginners and seasoned professional artists alike. The exhibit reflects the joy of art-making and the engagement of our community with the visual arts. Awards are given for several categories, including Youth, People’s Choice, 3-Dimensional Works, and Small but Mighty.
Calendar: February/March/ April 2019:
- March 14 – Brown Bag Art Talk, 12 noon
- March 21, April 18 – CAW (Art Walk) 4:00 – 8:00 PM
- March 21 – Reception/CAW/AWARDS, 5:30 – 7:30, (Award announcements approx. 6 PM)
- April 19, 20 – Pick up Artwork, 12 – 5 PM Friday, Saturday
- April 22 – Gallery Wall Painting — make sure your piece is safely gone!
Thanks to Exhibition Sponsorship support from Citizen’s Bank.
Thanks to Ruth and Jim Howland for establishing the Howland Fund within The Arts Center’s Endowment Fund to support the Community OPEN Show Awards.
New: Curator’s Trophy for a Small but Mighty Work, anything roughly one foot (12 inches) all dimensions, or SMALLER!
VOTING for the People’s Choice Award
- Visitors may cast up to 3 votes with small post-its supplied by The Arts Center front desk
- Voting can be for different pieces or all for one piece — however you wish to vote
- Votes accepted from February 26 – March 20 (HOURS: Tuesday–Friday, 12 – 5 PM.
- There is no voting on the day of the Reception, Thursday, March 21.
**The Arts Center does not accept responsibility for damage to artwork not picked up by Saturday April 20, 5 PM. Artwork not picked up by Saturday April 27 will be considered a donation to The Arts Center.
Photo credit: Joan Linse