“Home Sweet Home” A Holiday Exhibition in the Gallery + Online Events and Fundraiser
December 4, 2020-January 2, 2021
- Real time Zoom Interactive Literary Read-in: Thursday Dec 3, 5:30 PM
- Zoom Meeting link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83736188228
- Meeting ID: 837 3618 8228
- By phone: 1-346-248-7799
- Artists Talk, Lunch@Home: Thursday Dec 10 @ 12 Noon
- Zoom Meeting link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81000232614
- Meeting ID: 810 0023 2614
- By phone: +1 253 215 8782
Home Sweet Home, is a special holiday exhibit exploring the idea of Home with visual & literary artists, plus a special Home Sweet Home Online gift-giving fundraiser.
Home Sweet Home kicks off with a Zoom Literary Read-In for our larger community to listen to and share written works, Thursday, December 3, 5:30 pm. Essays, stories, and poems by area literary artists will be included.
The visual arts exhibit opens in the main gallery on Friday, December 4, 12-5 pm. It includes more than 60 artworks from 35 local artists on the theme of Home and examines how feelings about home may have changed over this last year between Covid-19, major fires, racial justice and political protests, and financial instability. The exhibit offers an mix of creative expression and media. An online virtual gallery will be shared online soon.
Essays, stories and poems created for Home Sweet Home have been shared by area literary artists. Writers reading their own works will be shared from a monitor in the gallery and online.
This year, the season of giving has many people nostalgic about home, which makes Home Sweet Home artwork a very special gift for friends and family. Purchases support the 35+ artists and The Arts Center.
For this show only, gifts of art purchased from the gallery will get to go home early, in time for the holidays.
Silent Auction for two customized doll houses, donated by artist Sally Schwartz. Both are great for the child in all of us to have hours of creative play!
- Eight slate-roofed handcrafted birdhouses built and donated by artist Brian Egan, each uniquely embellished by individually inventive artists. Egan selected artists Laurie Childers, Hester Coucke, Naomi Figueroa, Suzanne Getz, Sally Ishikawa, Vanessa Smith, Marcie Wolfe and himself to add their artistic talents. All birdhouses have hardware for hanging.
- Plus, other ways to make meaningful gift purchases during this special time of the year!
- Thanks to Brian and the eight artist designers, 100% of the proceeds from the doll house auction and birdhouse sales will benefit The Arts Center!