Deadline: March 19, 2017, midnight
The Around Oregon Annual exhibit is open to artists living in all parts of our state. This exhibition recognizes the quality and diversity in creative expression of artists throughout Oregon. Our intent is to show young and upcoming, as well as mature and established artists together. The Around Oregon Annual also recognizes and encourages excellence by awarding cash prizes, thoughtfully selected from the actual work.
Method of entry:
Fill in the form which is below (Please do not use any other formatting software)
Statement is optional, max 100 words.
Do not directly attach a video or animation. This will need to be submitted through providing a link/url to the video or animation.
- Artists should submit 5 Images with titles formatted in the following way (to match your application form).
- Number, Artist Initials, Title. It Should look like this: (1_JC_TitleWithOutSpaces)
- JPGs only, 1920 pixels at the longest side, resolution of 72ppi/dpi (standard web resolution)
- Images should be no more than 2MB total size
- Remember to do this before the March 19, 2017 deadline at midnight!
Notifications will be made by April 28, 2017
- The exhibit is open to all artists living or working in Oregon;
the work does not need to have “Oregon” as its subject matter.
- All work must have been completed in the last two years.
- All media, except music and performance, will be considered. (See note above for submitting video or animation)
- Work previously exhibited at The Arts Center will not be accepted or presented to the juror.
- We welcome work from artists of all races, ethnicity, faiths, countries of origin, sexual orientations.
Terms and Parameters:
- Non-juried work cannot be substituted for accepted work.
- Artwork must be available for the duration of the exhibit.
- Artists are responsible for delivery/transportation to and from The Arts Center.
- Pieces must be ready to hang or install (we do not accept saw tooth hangers). If not, staff can choose not to include the piece.
- Pieces must be identified with a label on the back or bottom, either your own label or TAC label (provided with early notification). Label must have artist name, title of the work and email address or phone number.
- Fragile surfaces must be protected by glass or Plexiglas; for special display methods the artist needs to supply materials and clear instructions.
- Artwork must be for sale, The Arts Center will receive a 50% commission on all sales. The Arts Center will not be responsible for loss or damage to art works left at TAC after July 15, 2017.
- Insurance will be provided during the exhibition. All work will be reimbursed for the full commission of the sales price declared on the provided consignment form. The consignment form must be completed for insurance value to be effective.
Juror: Teri Sund
Teri Sund, owner of Imogen Gallery in Astoria began her professional career in visual arts some 30 years ago. She graduated with a degree in fine art from Western Washington University, which included study of art history in Greece and Turkey, along with an internship at Whatcom Museum of History and Art, in Bellingham, WA. She has held numerous positions working in visual arts for both profit and nonprofit venues, including management of the cooperatively owned Northwest Woodworkers Gallery in Seattle, the White Bird Gallery in Cannon Beach, Director to the Royal Nebeker Gallery of Clatsop Community College, and Exhibition Director to RiverSea Gallery before opening Imogen Gallery in 2012. Sund is a current member of ArtTable, a nationally recognized nonprofit group supporting professional women in the arts and serves on the Board of Director’s to Astoria Visual Arts.
Note: The submission of digital images to this competition constitutes an agreement to all conditions set forth in the call-to-artists, including permission for reproduction on our website www.theartscenter.net, general publicity in newspapers and magazines for promotional purposes.
|Entries due||Sunday, March 19, 2017, midnight|
|Selected artists notified||April 28, 2017|
|Artwork due on or prior to||Saturday May 27|
|Delivery intake times||Saturday, May 27, 12:00-noon-5:00 pm|
|Weekdays 9:15 – 5:30 by appointment|
|Exhibition dates||June 2 – July 8, 2017|
|Reception||June 2, Thursday, 5:30 – 7:30 pm|
|CAW (Corvallis Art Walk)||June 15, Thursday, 4:00-8:00 pm|
|Brown Bag Art Talk||June 9, Thursday, 12:00-noon-1:00 pm|
|Artists pick up work||July 11, Monday, 9:15 – 12:00-noon|
Thank you for your interest in the Around Oregon Annual Exhibit. This Call to Artists is now closed.