DEADLINE TO SIGN UP: November 9
Exhibition Dates: November 28, 2020 – January 2, 2021
The Arts Center 2020 winter show is titled “Home Sweet Home”. Not chosen just for the sweet visions of sugarplums, but to reflect what the idea of “Home” means in the time of COVID-19 and the recent fires, floods and social unrest. This year, we invite not just visual artists, we also invite writers of fiction, non-fiction or poetry to participate in this Invitational and OPEN exhibit.
This is a Call for Short Fiction, Non-fiction or Poetry about “home” from before and/or after the pandemic or fire and social crisis. The work will be presented in readings by the writers (or selected readers) themselves. The experience of a text when read by the writer adds another dimension of understanding. For this purpose, we plan a “Read-In” on Zoom. Additionally, writers are asked to supply a flash drive with a recording of their reading (2 minutes max), which will be shared on social media, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube. The literary works will NOT appear in print as part of this exhibit.
Wow us with your enthusiasm, imagination and creativity!
- Work should be about the idea of a physical “home”, not a “region”.
- “Home” can be inhabited by humans, dolls, animals, birds, dogs, cats, fairies, etc.
- The work will be presented in recorded readings by the writers themselves (or a reader of their choosing).
- The work will not be published in print.
- Fiction, non-fiction and poetry (2 minutes max, submit on a flash drive)
- Open to all ages and professional/beginner levels
- November 28, 2020 – January 2, 2021 – Exhibition Dates
- November 9, 2020 – Deadline to Sign up
- December 3, 2020 – Zoom Literary Read-In”, 5:30 – 6:30 pm
- November 23, 2020, 9:30 am – 5:00 pm – Artwork Delivery Day
- Thurs, December 10, 12 noon – Lunchbox Virtual Visual Artist Talk via Zoom
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: The submission of digital images/recordings to this competition constitutes an agreement to all conditions set forth in the call-to-artists/call-to-writers, including permission for reproduction on our website www.theartscenter.net, general publicity in newspapers and magazines for promotional purposes.