BIA Tribal Climate Resilience Program’s
Youth Art Contest
Photo and Visual Arts
Deadline: May 14, 2021
The Tribal Resilience Program recognizes the importance of engaging our youth to sustain a resilient future for all Tribal Nations and Alaska Native Villages.
For the visual arts and photo contest
- Draw, paint, or take a picture of something you value in your community that may be at risk, or vulnerable.
- Include a caption for your art describing the current impact – and what might be done about it.
- Submit all captioned art, and any questions by e-mail to: Youth.Art.Contest@bia.gov.
- Categories to Apply to are Elementary School (K-5th); Jr. High School (6th-8th); High School (9th-12th).
- Winning Photos Contestants in 1st, 2nd and 3rd place will have their photos or artwork hung in the hallways of the one of the Department of the Interior buildings. A matching framed photo or other art will be sent to the school with a letter announcing the winners.
See the Tribal Climate Resilience Program Youth site page for informational fliers for faculty and youth, materials needed, and more.
Click here for more information: https://www.bia.gov/bia/ots/tribal-resilience-program/youth.