Call for Artwork Awards
Details: One artist will be commissioned to create a series of artworks for the Benton County Foundation’s First Annual Philanthropic Achievement Awards.
Selected Artist will receive $2500, promotion by the foundation as the award creator, and an invitation to the awards luncheon, Friday, November 15, 2019.
Deadline to Submit Designs: Sunday September 1, received
- If Selected, deadline for work to be delivered: November 4
The Benton Community Foundation (BCF) has instituted Philanthropy Awards to be awarded on National Philanthropy Day, November 15, 2019 at an awards luncheon. To stress the importance of the arts in our community BCF wishes to commission artwork as the physical award. They will select a free-standing glass or ceramic work from a local artist. Artworks will be placed on a base that includes a commemorative plaque that is not part of the sculptural artwork.
- You are invited to submit artwork and designs that can be executed as 10 matching artworks, to serve as awards for the BCF.
- The design should exemplify the artist’s best work. While it will serve as an award, it should not have any traditional award-like features.
- Artwork needs to be replicated for a total of 10 similar awards. Because the artwork is handcrafted it is understood that there will be minor differences.
- The size of the free standing sculptural work should roughly be 6x6x6 inches, suitable for display on a desk or office counter/credenza.
- Upon the artist’s selection, BCF will order award text and bases appropriate for the artwork. Artist guidance on size and material for the base will be appreciated and considered. Final decision will be made by BCF.
- Artists should familiarize themselves with attached background information on the Benton Community Foundation and inception of these Philanthropic Achievement Awards.
Send award design submissions to Hester Coucke, email@example.com
Submissions must include:
- Name and Contact Info: Address, Email and Phone Number
- Short bio (no more than 1/2 page or 500 characters
- 5 Digital images of similar past works with dimensions
- Description, Dimensions, and photo or sketches of proposed design in JPG or PDF format
- Deadline Sunday, September 1, 2019 — Received
- Notification: Thursday, September 12, 2019
- Delivery: Monday, November 4, 2019
- Event: Friday, November 15, 2019