Around Oregon Annual Exhibition 2021 Call to Artists
Call to Artists
Deadline April 5, 2021
What: Call to Artists for the Around Oregon Annual Exhibition 2021
When: Deadline: April 5, 2021. Exhibition Dates: June 24 – August 7, 2021
The Around Oregon Annual exhibit is a chance for people in the Mid-Willamette Valley to experience artworks by contemporary artists living in all parts of Oregon. The exhibition recognizes the quality and diversity in creative expression of artists. The purpose of the exhibit is to show working artists from many backgrounds and origins, and bring emerging and established artists together.
Each year we invite a different guest juror from outside our immediate area, to bring his/her/their different sensibilities. The Around Oregon Annual also recognizes and encourages excellence by awarding cash prizes selected by the juror.
Method of entry: Complete online entry form. Please complete form and hit submit button. Do not use any other method of submission (ie: PDF). If you have problems with the form, contact Hester Coucke.
* Notifications will be made by May 3, 2021
Juror: The juror for the Around Oregon Annual 2021 will be announced soon.
- The exhibit is open to all active artists living or working in Oregon
- The work does not need to have “Oregon” as its subject matter.
- All work must have been completed in the last two years.
- All media, except music will be considered.
- Performance can be submitted as a 3 minute video on MP4 format.
- Video or animation must be submitted in MP4 format.
- Work previously exhibited at The Arts Center will not be accepted or presented to the juror.
Terms and Parameters:
- Non-juried work cannot be substituted for accepted work.
- Artwork must be available for the duration of the exhibit.
- Artists are responsible for delivery/transportation to and from The Arts Center.
- Pieces must be ready to hang or install (we do not accept saw tooth hangers). If not, staff can choose to exclude work.
- Artworks must be identified with a label on the back or bottom, either your own label or TAC label provided with notification.
- Labels must include: artist name, title of the work and email address or phone number.
- Fragile surfaces must be protected by glass or Plexiglas; for special display methods the artist needs to supply materials and clear instructions.
- No size restrictions, but note that very large pieces are harder to place in a group exhibit.
- Artwork must be for sale. The Arts Center will receive a 50% commission on all sales.
- Insurance will be provided during the exhibition. All work will be reimbursed for the full commission of the sales price declared in the submission process.
- The Arts Center will not be responsible for loss or damage to artworks left at TAC after Monday August 9, 2021.
- Work left after August 28, 2021 will be considered a donation to The Arts Center.
Note: The submission of digital images to this competition constitutes an agreement to all conditions set forth in the call-to-artists, including permission for reproduction on our website www.theartscenter.net, general publicity in newspapers and magazines for promotional purposes. We select work to be reproduced on an outside banner for the front of our building; the banner remains TAC property, including future uses. If you do not want your work to be reproduced this way, please indicate in submission.
|Dates to Remember|
|Entries Due – Complete Online Entry Form||Monday, April 5, 2021|
|Selected Artists Notified||Monday, May 3, 2021|
|Artwork Due On or Prior To||Saturday, June 19, 2021|
|Delivery Intake Times||Saturday, June 9, 12:00-noon-5:00 pm|
|Exhibiting Dates||June 24 – August 7, 2021|
|Lunch@Home Art Talk||Thursday, July 8, 12:00-1:00 pm via Zoom|
|Artists Pick Up Work||August 9, Thursday, 12:00 – 5:00 pm. It is important to pick up your work on the scheduled date August 9, or make early and explicit arrangements.|