2023 Around Oregon Biennial
Call to Artists
Monday, May 22, 2023 at 11:59 PM
Selected Artists Notified:
Friday, June 30, 2023
Calling All Oregon Artists!
The Around Oregon Biennial exhibit has a call to artists. This event is a chance for people in the Mid-Willamette Valley to experience artworks by contemporary artists living in all parts of Oregon. The exhibition recognizes the quality and diversity in the creative expression of artists. The purpose of the exhibit is to show working artists from many backgrounds and origins and bring emerging and established artists together.
This year Around Oregon Biennial will be juried by Ashley Stull-Meyers. Stull-Meyers will select artworks to be displayed in the Main Gallery, as well as recognize artistic excellence by awarding cash prizes. Award winners will be announced at the reception on Thursday, August 17, 2023, 5:30 – 7 PM.
Method of Entry
Please complete the form below and hit submit button. Do not use any other method of submission (i.e. PDF). If you have problems with the form, email TAC Curator, Jennie J Castle, firstname.lastname@example.org.* Notifications will be made by June 30, 2023.
Ashley Stull-Meyers is a writer, editor, and cultural worker. She has curated exhibitions and public programming for a diverse set of arts institutions along the west coast, including those in San Francisco, CA, Oakland, CA, Seattle, WA, and Portland, OR. Ashley has been in academic residency at the Bemis Center for Contemporary Art (Omaha, NE) and the Banff Centre (Banff, Alberta). She has served as Northwest Editor for Art Practical and has contributed writing to Bomb Magazine, Rhizome, Arts.Black and SFAQ/NYAQ. In 2017 Stull Meyers was named Director and Curator of The Art Gym and Belluschi Pavilion at Marylhurst University, and the following year was made co-curator of the 2019 Portland Biennial. Currently, she serves as the Thomas Hart and Mary Jones Horning Chief Curator of Art, Science, and Technology at Oregon State University, and as a board member at Oregon Contemporary.
- The exhibit is open to all active artists living or working in Oregon.
- The work does not need to have “Oregon” as its subject matter.
- All work must have been completed in the last two years.
- All visual mediums will be considered.
- Performance can be submitted as a 3-minute video in MP4 format.
- Video or animation must be submitted in MP4 format.
- Work previously exhibited at The Arts Center will not be accepted or presented to the juror.
Terms and Parameters
- Non-juried work cannot be substituted for accepted work.
- Artwork must be available for the full duration of the exhibit.
- Artists are responsible for delivery/transportation to and from The Arts Center.
- Pieces must arrive ready to hang or install (2D work must be wired. We do not accept sawtooth hangers). If not, staff can choose to exclude work from the exhibition.
- Artworks must be identified with a label on the back or bottom, either your own label or The Arts Center’s label provided with notification.
- Labels must include the artist’s name, the work’s title, and a contact email address or phone number.
- No size restrictions, but note that very large pieces can be harder to place in a group exhibit.
- Insurance will be provided during the exhibition. All work will be reimbursed for the full commission of the sales price declared during the submission process.
- The Arts Center will not be responsible for loss or damage to artworks left at TAC after Saturday, September 18, 2023.
- Work left after September 18, 2023, will be considered abandoned, and a donation to The Arts Center.
Note: The submission of digital images to this competition constitutes an agreement to all conditions set forth in the call-to-artists, including permission for reproduction for promotional purposes, including but not limited to www.theartscenter.net, newspapers, and magazines. We select work to be reproduced on an outside banner for the front of our building; the banner remains The Arts Center’s property, including future uses. If you do not want your work reproduced this way, please indicate it in the submission.
|Entries Due (Complete online entry form below)||Monday, May 22, 2023 at 11:59 PM|
|Selected Artists Notified||Friday, June 30, 2023|
|Artwork Due On or Prior To||Saturday, July 29, 2023|
|In-Person Delivery Intake Times||Saturday, July 29, 12 – 5 PM|
|Exhibiting Dates||August 3 – September 9, 2023|
|Gallery Reception||August 17, 2023, 5:30 – 7 PM|
|Q&A with the Juror||August 17, 2023, 5:30 PM|
|Artists Pick Up Work||Tuesday, September 12 between 12 – 5 PM. * It is important to pick up your work on the scheduled date or make early and explicit arrangements.|
Sorry. This form is no longer available.
Oops! We could not locate your form.
Feeling intrigued? Check out more calls to artists at The Arts Center.