The Arts Center Youth Poetry (and Art) Contest
(Call to Young Poets)
The deadline for submissions is March 10.
This call is Open to Youth from Pre-school through High-school in Linn and Benton County(April is Poetry Month).
The Exhibit will run from April 3 to May 4 in the Corrine Woodman Gallery.
- Reception: FRIDAY May 4, 5 – 6:30pm
- Youth Open Mic: May 4, 5:30 pm
In Celebration of Poetry Month April 2018, all young poets Grades K-12, living in Linn or Benton County, are invited to participate in the 13th annual The Arts Center Youth Poetry Contest. This exhibition is generously supported by the Mary’s Peak Poets.
All poems submitted will be exhibited in the Corinne Woodman Gallery at The Arts Center from April 3 – May 4, 2018. Poems are divided in four (4) categories:
- Kindergarten-Grade 2
- Grade 3-Grade 5
- Grade 6-Grade 8
- Grade 9-Grade 12
- Poems can be handwritten or typed.
- Paper size may not exceed 14 x 17 inches.
- We encourage submission of poems illustrated with original art (NOT clip art). The art and the poem need to be on the same piece of paper. If the art is on a separate piece we may only hang the poem depending on space availability.
- Do not frame poems and artwork.
- Deadline for submitting poems and artwork is Saturday, March 10, 2018. (We have a mail slot in our front door for last minute submissions.)
Award certificates for each category are be given out by Mary’s Peak Poets. While we encourage inclusion of art with poetry submissions, it is not required, and has no influence on awarding poetry. An award certificate for artistic presentation will be assigned in each category. Each poet who comes to the Open Mic will receive a small cash award.
Registration is required, for forms and instructions link to the appropriate form below:
Awards will be announced at the Reception and Youth OPEN Mic, FRIDAY May 4, 2018, 5-6:30 pm.
For more information contact Hester Coucke at The Arts Center, 541-754-1551, ext 658 or email@example.com or Linda Varsell Smith at 541-753-3335.
Thanks to the Mary’s Peak Poets for support of this Show.