Alisha Whitman | “Catching the Waters Abstraction”
2017 People’s Choice Award – Howland Community OPEN Exhibition
February 6 – March 14, 2018
Time again for the annual Howland Community OPEN exhibition — Our most popular exhibit because everyone is invited to participate. Over 200 artists of all ages share artworks created
in paint, sculpture and mixed, and many other media. Plan on visiting more than once to see it all.
VOTING for the People’s Choice Award
- Visitors can cast up to 3 votes with small post-its supplied by The Arts Center front desk
- Voting can be for different pieces or all for one piece — however you wish to vote
- Votes accepted until Wednesday, February 21, 5 pm
- NEW: During the February 15, 4 – 8 pm CAW, the curators will talk work that speaks to them. Opportunity to talk about art and place your votes.
- No voting on the day of the Reception, Thursday, February 22.
Calendar: February/March 2017:
- February 8, Brown Bag Artist Talk, 12 – 1 pm
- February 15, CAW (Corvallis Arts Walk) with the Curator & Exhibition Committee, 4-8 pm
- February 22, Reception, 5:30-7:30 | Awards and Announcements appro. 6 pm
- March 15, Decontruction of an Art Exhibit, Pick up artwork 5-8 pm, CAW 4-8 pm
The Arts Center does not accept responsibility for damage to artwork not picked up by Thursday, March 15, 8 PM.
Artwork not picked up by Saturday March 24 will be considered a donation to The Arts Center.