The Around Oregon Annual at The Arts Center
Deadline: March 25, 2018 at midnight
The Around Oregon Annual exhibit is open to artists living in all parts of our state. This exhibition recognizes the quality and diversity in creative expression of artists throughout Oregon. Our intent is to show young and upcoming, as well as mature and established artists together. The Around Oregon Annual also recognizes and encourages excellence by awarding cash prizes, thoughtfully selected from the actual work.
TAC invites a different regional juror each year, as to present new sensibilities every year. This years’ juror is Andries Fourie, a South African-born curator, artist and teacher. He has a Masters in Art from California State University, Sacramento, and a Masters of Fine Art from The University of California, Davis. Andries has taught, lectured, exhibited and conducted art workshops in South Africa, Canada, Namibia, Kenya, and the United States. He is currently the Curator of Art and Community Engagement at the High Desert Museum in Bend, Oregon.
Method of entry:
- Fill in the form
- Please do not use any other formatting software.
- Statement is optional, max 100 words.
- If you are submitting a video or animation, please provide the link to the video or animation rather than uploading it directly to The Arts Center. Thank you.
- -5 Images with titles formatted in the following way, to match your application form.
- Number, Artist Initials, Title. It Should look like this: (1_JC_TitleWithOutSpaces)
- JPGs only, 1920 pixels at the longest side, resolution of 72ppi/dpi (standard web resolution)
- Images should be no more than 2MB total size
- Remember to do this before the March 25, 2018 Deadline, early submissions encouraged
Notifications will be made by April 23, 2018
- The exhibit is open to all artists living or working in Oregon; the work does not need to have “Oregon” as its subject matter.
- All work must have been completed in the last two years.
- All media, except music and performance, will be considered.
- Work previously exhibited at The Arts Center will not be accepted or presented to the juror.
Terms and Parameters:
- Non-juried work cannot be substituted for accepted work. Artwork must be available for the duration of the exhibit.
- Artists are responsible for delivery/transportation to and from The Arts Center.
- Pieces must be ready to hang or install (we do not accept saw tooth hangers). If not, staff can choose not to include the piece. Pieces must be identified with a label on the back or bottom, either your own label or TAC label provided with notification. Label must have artist name, title of the work and email address or phone number.
- Fragile surfaces must be protected by glass or Plexiglas; for special display methods the artist needs to supply materials and clear instructions.
- Artwork must be for sale, The Arts Center will receive a 50% commission on all sales. The Arts Center will not be responsible for loss or damage to art works left at TAC after July 14, 2018.
- Insurance will be provided during the exhibition. All work will be reimbursed for the full commission of the sales price declared on the provided consignment form. The consignment form must be completed for insurance value to be effective.
The submission of digital images to this competition constitutes an agreement to all conditions set forth in the call-to-artists, including permission for reproduction on our website www.theartscenter.net, general publicity in newspapers and magazines for promotional purposes.
|Entries due||Sunday, March 25, 2018 at midnight|
|Selected artists notified||April 23, 2018|
|Artwork due on or prior to||Saturday, May 26|
|Delivery intake times||Saturday, May 26, 12:00 noon – 5:00 pm OR Weekdays 9:15– 5:30 by appointment|
|Exhibiting dates||June 1 – July 13, 2018|
|Reception||June 7, Thursday, 5:30 – 7:30 pm|
|Corvallis Art Walk||June 21, Thursday, 4:00 – 8:00 pm|
|Brown Bag Art Talk||June 14, Thursday, 12:00 noon– 1:00 pm|
|Artists pick up work||July 14, Saturday, 12:00 noon– 5 pm|