The Arts Center Young Artists Exhibit
(Call to Young Artists)
Accepting work now until April 28, 2018 at 5:00 pm
- Exhibition dates: May 1 – 19, 2018
- Artist Reception, Thursday, May 17, 5:30-7:30 pm
The 2018 Young Artists Exhibit will focus on personal expressions of cultural identity. Who are you and what makes you who you are? When you think of your culture, what do you think of? Culture can mean different things to different people, and we’re interested in what it means to you! Do you identify with a particular hobby or pastime (are you a gamer, a knitter, a cosplayer, a performer, a model train builder…), or maybe your family has special traditions that are important to you? How would you represent your cultural identity through art?
This exhibit will represent the many different ways people can identify and the different cultures that exist in our community. We encourage all young artists to participate! Original artwork of visual, literary, digital, tactile and multimedia are welcomed.
- Young artists ages 5-25 years old in the community
- Art students in school and out of school
- Participants in The Arts Center classes, camps and workshops
- We accept one original piece per person/artist
- All work will be accepted when delivered by Saturday, April 28, 5:00 PM. The exhibit will be hung salon style (when space requires we’ll hang multiple rows of paintings.)
- Size limitation: height and width together of a framed piece can be up to 72”
- Size limitation for 3D work: up to 30” across, up to 5 feet tall IF balanced well
- Weight restrictions: 20 lbs.
- Staff can decline a piece if it is deemed not safe or inappropriate
- Submission form: artist statement with artist name, a description of the work and what the work is representing is required with every piece (click to download form)
For more information, contact Jen Hernandez-Cornelius, Arts Integration, Education and Outreach email@example.com | 541-754-1551 x. 655