The Arts Center invites you to submit artwork for the Corrine Woodman Galleries 2020 exhibition schedule.
DEADLINE: Oct. 6, 2019, midnight
Who makes the selection? The Arts Center Exhibition Committee reviews submissions. This committee also selects the exhibitions for the Main Gallery. The committee includes representatives from art guilds in the area as well as artist members at large.
Eligibility: This call is open to artists from the Willamette Valley. It can be work by up-and-coming as well as established artists, young artists, those working in non-traditional as well as under-represented media or subject matter, artists interested in experimenting with the gallery spaces, and those interested in curating their own exhibits in any of these categories.
Most visual art media, including video but excluding performance, will be considered. Jurors will look for work of high quality and imagination, and work that engages viewers. Jurors will also consider the appropriateness and suitability for the available spaces.
Artists who have had a solo or two-person exhibit in the Corrine Woodman Galleries in 2019 are not eligible.
The Gallery Spaces: There are two Corrine Woodman Galleries. The Arts Center will exhibit the work of one to two artists per exhibit. When two artists are included, works from both individuals will be placed in both galleries.
The Corrine Woodman Gallery I occupies space in the front of the building, just off the ArtShop. This intimate space measures 7.5 feet by 9 feet, with a total of 23 linear feet of useable wall space. Artists are expected to have some familiarity with the gallery space before submitting.
The Corrine Woodman Gallery II includes a ±15-foot-long wall close to the building’s back entrance. It occupies a high-traffic area, and it’s specifically equipped for large work or murals. It can accommodate smaller pieces, including small three-dimensional work (no more than 5 inches deep).
Terms and Conditions:
- Work previously shown at The Arts Center is not eligible.
- The Arts Center receives a 50 percent commission on artwork sales.
- Work is to have been completed within the past two years unless the proposal is for a retrospective.
- Submissions must represent the work that will be exhibited but does not need to be the exact pieces that will be shown.
- The Arts Center will send notifications regarding submissions electronically.
- If you want confirmation that a submission has been received, send a request to email@example.com for confirmation.
Method of Submission:
- Submit name and contact information.
- An outline or short description of the proposed exhibit no more than 3,000 characters including spaces.
- 10 images (no less, no more). Exhibits will be selected from these digital images.
Image File Guidelines:
- JPG files only.
- Each image should measure 1,920 pixels on the longest side.
- Images should be standard web resolution of 72 ppi/dpi.
- Image files must be no larger than 2MB.
- Name each image file to include: number, artist name, title, medium, dimensions using whole numbers (24 instead of 23.5 in.)
- Do not use digital imaging software to place a watermark or embed a name or any other information onto the image.
- Oct. 6, 2019: Deadline to submit proposals
- Nov. 4, 2018: Exhibit Committee meets for selection
- Nov. 12 through Dec. 17: Artists notified electronically
- Questions or FMI:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “CWG Submission 2020”
- Call 541-754-1551 extension 658, Mon – Thursday 9 AM – 2 PM