Workshop Application Ceramic Extended Deadline: 7/3/22
The Arts Center is seeking demo and workshop artists for Adults and Children for the 5th Annual Arts Alive! event on Saturday, August 13, 2022, from 12:00 – 6:30 pm. The Arts Center invites artists working in ceramics to apply to teach a workshop in their chosen style and project. Each workshop will run 2-3 hours and should be planned for ages 18+. Please see the drafted event schedule at the end of the application description for further details regarding timeslots and events. Optional: Workshop theme or topic related to Embracing Brave.
|Type of Workshop||# Workshop Openings (Most media)||# Workshop Openings (Ceramics)|
***Artists with questions are encouraged to review the information session prior to applying. Upon review, if you have further questions, please contact Claire Elam at email@example.com necesita alguna adaptación para completar esta solicitud, comuníquese con Claire Elam en firstname.lastname@example.org***
About Embracing Brave
Following two years of creative pivots and organization-wide transformation, we are deeply inspired by the brave people who found so many ways to sustain the arts through this time. In this spirit, we are excited to share Embracing Brave as The Arts Center’s theme for program activities in 2022. Embracing Brave is about overcoming obstacles, taking first steps, finding new passions, building persistence, and celebrating milestones. To accept, and enthusiastically welcome, the mental or moral strength to face danger, fear, difficulty, or the unknown.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
The application is open to all Oregon and Washington-based visual, literary, and performance artists or artist groups. Artists must have an interest in providing a workshop or demo during the listed times (see below). Artists with teaching experience will be given preference in the selection process. Applications will be evaluated based on past classes and work samples, relevance, feasibility, and the degree to which the proposal matches the theme or event’s parameters. We encourage a diverse selection of artists to participate, including those from historically excluded communities including (but not limited to): artists from rural communities, artists from communities of color, LGBTQIA+, who are self-taught. We welcome artists regardless of citizenship status, familial status, race, gender identity or expression, religious observance, sex, sexual orientation, and sources or level of income.
- Please fill out the following form and send 3-5 high-quality samples of your artwork with the Subject line: Arts Alive! Workshop Application (YOUR NAME) Please include your name in the file names (example: painting1_ClaireElam.jpg) Preferred Image Dimensions and Criteria are 300 dpi and a minimum of 600 x 600 pixels.
- Where/to whom to submit: email@example.com
- If you require any accommodation to complete this application, please get in touch with Claire Elam at firstname.lastname@example.org. Si necesita alguna adaptación para completar esta solicitud, comuníquese con Claire Elam en email@example.com
The Arts Center will provide an honorarium of $200 and most workshop materials to the selected artists. Artists will also receive up to 3 tickets for the Artist Reception on August 12, 2022.
About Arts Alive!
Arts Alive! serves regional audiences of Linn and Benton Counties by coordinating innovative, thought-provoking art projects that support artists by providing opportunities to share their work with the public. Our 2022 Artis Alive! will include opportunities for visual artists, musicians, installation artists, teaching artists for adults, teaching artists for children, and open mic performances. For more information on these opportunities, please visit theartscenter.net
Deadline and Exhibition Dates
- July 3, 2022: Deadline for proposals
- Mid-July 2022 AAP Council and Program Director Application Review
- July 15, 2022: Final Artist Selection Notified
- August 12, 2022 Arts Alive! 5th Anniversary Celebration and Artist Reception
- August 13, 2022: Arts Alive! Workshops & Demos
|Location||Open Mic||Adult Workshops||Closing Concert|
|Ceramic Studio (no ADA)||3:30 – 6:30pm|
|Main Gallery||2:30 -3:30|
|Plaza||6:30 – 9:00pm|