The Arts Center seeks musicians The Arts Center seeks musicians and bands for the 5th Annual Arts Alive! events on August 12 & 13, 2022. The Arts Center invites musical artists to submit a brief application including current music to share at the Artist Reception and Party on Friday, August 12 from 8:00 – 9:30 pm and as an opening band on Saturday, August 13 from 6:30 – 7:30 pm on the Plaza. Applicants are also encouraged to sign up for the open mic on Saturday, August 13, 2022, from 2:30 to 3:30 pm. Sign up here.
|Date||Time||# of spots available||Preferred style|
|August 12, 2022||8:00 – 9:30 pm||1||Danceable|
|August 13, 2022||6:30 – 7:30 pm||1||Any|
***Artists with questions are encouraged to review the information session prior to applying. Upon review, if you have further questions, please contact Claire Elam at email@example.com If you require any accommodation to complete this application, please get in touch with Claire Elam at firstname.lastname@example.org. Si necesita alguna adaptación para completar esta solicitud, comuníquese con Claire Elam en email@example.com ***
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
The application is open to all Oregon and Washington-based musicians with an interest in sharing their music in a public setting and in-person, at The Arts Center, on Friday or Saturday August 12 & 13, 2022 and have experience performing music. Applications will be evaluated by program director and program council members based on work samples, relevance, and feasibility.
We continue to encourage a diverse selection of artists to participate, including those from historically excluded communities including (but not limited to): artists from rural communities, artists from communities of color, LGBTQIA+, and artists who are self-taught. We welcome artists regardless of citizenship status, familial status, race, gender identity or expression, religious observance, sex, sexual orientation, and sources or level of income.
- Please fill out the following form and send 2-3 high-quality work samples with the Subject line: Arts Alive! Music Application (YOUR NAME) Please include your name in the file names (example: painting1_ClaireElam.jpg)
- Where/to whom to submit: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you require any accommodation to complete this application, please get in touch with Claire Elam at email@example.com. Si necesita alguna adaptación para completar esta solicitud, comuníquese con Claire Elam en firstname.lastname@example.org
The Arts Center will provide a $150 honorarium for the music on August, 12, 2022 and the opening band on August 13, 2022 is budgeted for $150-$400 depending on band size and acclaim/popularity. The musician or band(s) will also receive up to 2 additional tickets for the Artist Reception & Party on August 12, 2022.
About Arts Alive!
Arts Alive! serves regional audiences of Linn and Benton Counties by coordinating innovative, thought-provoking art projects and opportunities for artists to share their work with the public. Our 2022 Arts Alive! will include opportunities for visual artists, musicians, installation artists, teaching artists for adults, teaching artists for children, and open mic performances. For more information on these opportunities, please visit theartscenter.net
Deadline and Exhibition Dates
- June 3, 2022: Deadline for proposals
- Mid-June 2022 AAP Council and Program Director Application Review
- June 15, 2022: Final Artist Selection Notified
- August 12, 2022 Artist Alive! 5th Anniversary Celebration and Artist Reception
- August 13, 2022 Arts Alive Workshops & Demos, Music, & Open Mic